Friday, August 12, 2011

My Morning Run

This summer I have tried to be diligent about going for my morning walk/run on the days I don't have to work. My parents bought me my running stroller for my birthday and I absolutely love it! Thanks mom and dad! I learned in school that people should exert themselves at a pace that allows them to have a conversation while exercising. Each morning my boys give me a lesson in exertion. As I am pushing my giant stroller with 50 pounds of boy in it and trying to run, Ryan talks the ENTIRE time! Here is an example of our conversations (in order to have a real understanding you must read the following words as fast as you can)...

Ryan: "Sunny out today mama? See the airplane mama? Airplane going? Running now mama? For? ('For' is his version of 'why?') Hear the rooster mama? Where the rooster live mama? In those trees? See the moving trucks mama? What that moving truck doing mama? For? Who driving that moving truck? He got keys for moving truck? Tyler got his ball mama? For? Tyler trying to tickle me mama. Can I give Tyler high five mama? Mama, we in the shade now? Mama, we in the sun now? Walking now mama? For?"

Me: Breathe, Breathe, "Yes" Breathe, Breathe, "Yea", Breathe, Breathe

This goes on for about 30 to 40 minutes and yes, Ryan can talk without stopping for that entire time. I wouldn't change anything about our morning runs though...well, maybe I would...I wish I were in better shape so that I could answer all his questions beyond a 1 word response. I just love hearing what is going on in that brain of his. As for Tyler, as long as he has a ball in his hands, he is smiling from ear to ear and babbling the entire way. Here are my boys in the stroller...



Tyler with his ball -

1 comment: